Hirsch & Mann was invited to create 5 exceptional experiences to celebrate products launched by Google in 2016 – including Google Home, Pixel, Assistant, and Photos.
The experiences were:
- A low light photography environment with projections, mirrors and fiber optics
- Pixel Wall: 400 pentagonal prisms as a kinect display
- Photosphere: 210 single board computers with LCD displays acting a single spherical unit displaying transitions and images
- Transparent OLED Window Displays
- Kitchen and Living Room spaces showcasing Google Home
I developed the fibre optics software (serial library for custom LED modules, fragment shaders for projection and mapping utility), supported the interaction for Transparent OLED (enabling Kinect v2 skeleton tracking for openFrameworks on OSX), POCs and SBC specs for Photosphere as well as Pixel Wall smart servo interfacing layer in Python as well liaise with freelancers for the remaining installations.