Hirsch & Mann was invited to create 5 exceptional experiences to celebrate products launched by Google in 2016 – including Google Home, Pixel, Assistant, and Photos.
The experiences were:
- A low light photography environment with projections, mirrors and fiber optics
- Pixel Wall: 400 pentagonal prisms as a kinect display
- Photosphere: 210 single board computers with LCD displays acting a single spherical unit displaying transitions and images
- Transparent OLED Window Displays
- Kitchen and Living Room spaces showcasing Google Home
I had the pleasure of collaborating with very talented freelancers and technical producers. This allowed me to focus on very specific problems to manifested as proof of concepts and prototypes such as:
- interfacing with the Google Photos app under the hood
- interfacing with smart servos in Python to handover core communication packets
- enabling Kinect v2 skeleton tracking on OSX (normally available under Windows only)
I even managed to squeeze in a serial communication library and mapping software for the bespoke super bright LED modules connected to fibre optics.